I don’t always love chocolate (I know, I know) but I love brownies! They are one of my FAVE desserts. More than half of the reason I love brownies is the fudgey texture and the crackly top. Traditional blondies, as good as they are, often just don’t have that gooey texture and are usually more like dense cake. Not these blondies! Although they look like chocolate brownies, there’s no chocolate in them at all. That dark color comes from molasses, a key part of the gingerbread flavor.
These blondies are so gooey and so warm and so spicy and bake so easily in a brownie pan. They are the perfect, unexpected addition to your holiday parties!
1/2 cup half and half
2 tbs mayo
2 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup oil plus 2 tbs
1 1/2 tsp spiced rum
2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup molasses
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together baking soda, flour, and salt.
- In a bowl, mix together molasses, rum, ginger, oil, eggs and sugar until smooth and combined.
- Stir together half and half, vinegar and mayo and allow to sit for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes mix together the wet ingredients, dry ingredients and mayo mixture until fully combined.
- Pour batter into the lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut brownies while still warm.