How are these biscuits different from the millions of other biscuit recipes on Pinterest? These biscuits are rustic, cheesy and slightly spicy. They use ingredients you probably already have and one (ish) bowl, plus they are foolproof and AMAZING. I like these biscuits on the spicier side but you can adjust the cayenne as well as the garlic, onion and black pepper to your preference. This recipe was adapted from a recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits from Countryside Cravings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10-15 minutes
Makes about 12 biscuits
1 jalapeño pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbs sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbs garlic powder
3/4 tbs onion powder
1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
1/3 tps salt
1/2 tps black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the seeds of the jalapeño pepper and cut into a small dice, or brunoise.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and whisk until blended.
- Add melted butter and buttermilk. Stir until combined.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and jalapeño until evenly mixed.
- Scoop mixture with an ice cream scoop or large spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Time will vary depending on your oven and the size of your biscuits, start checking biscuits at 10 minutes. They are done when the tops are slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the biscuit.
- Serve biscuits while warm and enjoy!